Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Robert Lamm Songs - The JVE ReMixes

Robert Lamm Songs - The JVE ReMixes (2012) Chicago Records II / Blue Infinity
Produced by John Van Eps
DANCE
Tracks : 1.Beginnings 2.Saturday in the park 3.25 or 6 to 4 4.Does anybody really know what time it is 5.Questions 67 and 68 6.It´s a groove, this life 7.Another rainy day in New York City 8.You´re my sunshine everyday 9.On the equinox 10.25 or 6 to 4 (latin mix)
http://www.robertlammsongs.com/
3,5 out of 5

I´m not a hug fan of remixes and I won´t exactly run the store to buy dance records either so I truly had my doubts when I received this album with remixes of classic Chicago songs, but producer John Van Eps has surprisingly enough turned these songs into new compositions and still kept the jazz/westcoast feel. At first I thought it was just a waste of time doing this album, but my mind gets in a special kind of mood by hearing John Van Eps remixes. I like what I´m hearing or to quote Robert Lamm "-the weirder Eps got, the more I loved it". Lamm and Eps wanted the album to be a Chicago project but they got no encouragement from that quarter and decided to release it as Robert Lamm Songs. There are not only Chicago songs here but also 3 Lamm solo songs that fits in just perfectly, my favorite remixes are "Saturday in the park" and "Does anybody really know what time it is". Splendid club/westcoast stuff.

No comments: