Thursday, June 19, 2014

Florida rockers Johnny Whiteside release new EP on June 26


As far as influences, Johnny’ Whiteside´s passion for music runs deep and his inspiration is derived from a vast range of musical styles. “I grew up listening to a lot of thrash metal like Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer. There’s a huge underground metal and punk scene in Florida which I really dig but I also have a strong desire for good mainstream rock and I felt it was important to develop my own style as a songwriter so I made it point to expand my musical horizon” Johnny confesses. Growing up in the south obviously had an affect on Johnny’s songwriting style and Johnny is not shy to admit it, stating “my dad listened to a lot of country music and my mom listened to mostly mainstream rock/pop when I was growing up so I was exposed to a variety of music at a young age. But it was Southern-rock like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Creedence Clearwater Revival that really made a long-lasting impression on me.” 
Their new EP "Afterglow" will be out on iTunes on June 26th, listen to music here:
http://johnnywhiteside.reverbnation.com/


No comments: