Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Review : Inbokeh - Into the sun

Inbokeh - Into the sun (2016) Independent
Produced by Inbokeh
GRUNGE / POST-ROCK
Tracks : 1.Cool days 2.Too good to be my devil 3.Spend time 4.Head out into the sun 5.Stay 6.Ghosts in my hallway
www.facebook.com/inbokeh
3 out of 5

Inbokeh is a trio from Columbus, Ohio and I´m still wondering about their odd bandname. Well, well. Let´s not get stuck with the name and instead jump on to the music, their debut EP "Into the sun" didn´t appeal to me at first but after a few spins, I started to like it.
These guys has their roots in 90´s grunge but have taken a different twist to it, Inbokeh likes to blend dream-pop and slow-rock in an interesting way. Almost like if Death Cab For Cutie decided to be a grunge band.
Not bad, not bad at all.
Highlights : Cool days, Head out into the sun
Recommended if you like Smashing Pumpkins, R.E.M, Nirvana


No comments: