Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Review : Jeri Silverman - Leaflike

Jeri Silverman - Leaflike (2014) Independent
Produced by Saul Simon MacWilliams
SINGER / SONGWRITER
Tracks : 1.Anywhere but here 2.G&A 3.The fever 4.Rabbit 5.Dreams 6.Leaflike
www.facebook.com/jerisilvermanmusic
2,5 out of 5

If you are feeling cozy, sitting in the sofa near the fire in a cold winter night, I´m sure you will enjoy Jeri Silverman´s EP "Leaflike".
But if you instead want action or something that will wake you up in no time, Jeri´s folk pop music couldn´t be more further from what you need.
She calls her home Cape Town, South Africa and when I mention folk music, I don´t mean African folk music. I´m not sure but it sounds like Jeri grew up listening to artists like Björk and Norah Jones.
The opening track "Anywhere but here" do embrace me like a mother´s hug to her baby and I also appreciate her cover of Fleetwood Mac´s "Dreams", but the other songs really don´t move me.
"Leaflike" is a good choice if you want romantic music for the evening.
Highlights : Dreams, Anywhere but here
Recommended if you like Vanessa Carlton, Carly Simon, Tanita Tikaram

No comments: