Sunday, May 22, 2016

Review : Eleanor Tallie - No turning back

Eleanor Tallie - No turning back (2016) Mighty River Music
Produced by Lawrence Mitchell
FUNK / SOUL
Tracks : 1.Hell or heaven 2.I tried 3.Sunlight 4.My present 5.Gotta be happy 6.A real man
www.facebook.com/eleanortallie
2,5 out of 5

Eleanor Tallie spent her childhood in Isreal but found her inspiration in American music when she wrote songs for her debut EP "No turning back".
The record falls in the definition of neo-funk but there are also traces of soul and jazz in Tallie´s songs, I´m a fan when it comes to the funky side of this music that echoes all the way back Betty Davis in the 70´s.
I really dig Eleanor´s soulful voice but I can do without the parts of rap and hip-hopocalypse that unfortunately ruins the music.
However, there are in fact moments where the groove factor is pretty high so I´ll survive.
Highlights : Hell or heaven, My present
Recommended if you like Amy Winehouse, Anastacia, Lisa Stansfield

No comments: