Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Review : Danielle French presents Miss Scarlett and The Madmen - Dark love songs

Danielle French presents Miss Scarlett and The Madmen - Dark love songs (2016) Independent
Produced by Danielle French / Tim Gordon
ALTERNATIVE FOLK ROCK
Tracks : 1.Last goodbye 2.Take my love 3.Did you want me 4.It must be roses 5.Black sunday 6.Splinters 7.My shadow and me 8.This is why we drink 9.Last goodbye (instrumental)
www.daniellefrench.com
3 out of 5

Calgary, Canada based singer / songwriter Danielle French debuted with "Me, myself and I" in 1995 and 2 decades later she releases the 5th album "Dark love songs" together with the musical collective Miss Scarlett and The Madmen.
Listening to the new album feels like going down in the dungeons of London and hearing the horrific tales of Jack The Ripper and other dark historic events.
It´s easy to believe that Danielle is heavily influenced by artists like Kate Bush, Dalbello and Nick Drake. The sound is built on Irish folk music and gothic romantic pop. A lovely mix.
Perhaps not the best suitable music for the children´s party but just perfect for halloween, it´s a short album but a beautiful short album.
Highlights : Did you want me, This is why we drink
Recommended if you like Marianne Faithful, PJ Harvey, A Camp

No comments: