Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Review : We Are Scientists - Helter Seltzer

We Are Scientists - Helter Seltzer (2016) 100% Records
Produced by Max Hart
INDIE ROCK / ELECTRO POP
Tracks : 1.Buckle 2.In my head 3.Too late 4.Hold on 5.We need a word 6.Want for nothing 7.Classic love 8.Waiting for you 9.Headlights 10.Forgiveness
www.facebook.com/wearescientists
3,5 out of 5

I never really cared about checking out California based We Are Scientists before but when a friend told me to listen to their 5th album "Helter Seltzer", I did and I´m glad I did too.
It´s a very charming record that feels like a perfect combo of 80´s new romantic sounds and new millenium electro pop, the track "Hold on" even bring thoughts to A Flock of Seagulls.
The band is now a duo featuring Keith Murray - lead vocals/guitar and Chris Cain - bass but synthesizers has an equally important part of their sound as guitars.
This is music that will put a big smile on your face.
Highlights : In my head, Too late
Recommended if you like Paper Route, Young The Giant, Phoenix

No comments: